Every individual placed by Career Connections in either temporary or permanent positions has been through an extensive screening process.
1. Pre-application - Every applicant starts by completing an online application or a telephone interview. One of our human resource professionals confirms each applicants' job objective, availability, experience, skills, and education. We use this information to determine when and how to proceed, a decision based on the potential employability of the applicant and our clients' needs at that time.
2. Testing — Applicants for temporary employment are given an aptitude test. We also use several computerized skill-specific tests for secretarial, computer operator and bookkeeping applicants. We administer additional skills assessments upon request and the full list of assessment tools we have available can be found at: http://www.proveit.com/
3. References — We personally check with applicants' previous employers to gain additional qualifying information. A minimum of two previous employment references is required.
4. Background Check — We do an on-line search for any arrests in the state of Ohio (and other counties of residence whenever possible). Additional screenings available by request (and for no additional charge for permanent placements) include: credit check, education verification, driving record check, and drug screening.
5. Interview — Our human resource professionals meet personally with every qualified applicant for an in-depth discussion about his/her previous experience and future goals. Personality and work ethic attributes are revealed during these interviews, a process that further ensures appropriate placements.
6. Evaluations — Regular performance evaluations are conducted on all temporary placements to guarantee client satisfaction and to gain additional qualifying information for future placements.