Temporary personnel are individuals we hire and put to work for you under your supervision and for whom we charge an hourly rate. We handle the recruiting, screening, hiring, payroll, taxes, insurance, attendance records, evaluations, etc. All you have to do is sign a weekly time slip and process our invoices. This is the ideal option to cover for leaves of absence, vacations, large projects, seasonal peaks, etc.
- vacation, sick/maternity leave replacements
- help with peak workloads and special projects
- coverage between permanent hires
- try out potential permanent employees before making a commitment to hire
- avoid the administrative hassles of hiring and payroll
- get qualified employees in place quickly, same day/next day placements are common
- pay only our all-inclusive hourly rates (no payroll taxes, insurance or benefits)
- keep unemployment insurance expenses down by not having to lay off employees hired for temporary needs
- reduce overtime expense by decreasing staff workload
- find qualified and available employees without the time and expense of advertising and screening applications
We have an ongoing recruitment program designed to register a wide variety of applicants with a range of skills. If you place an order for which we do not have a qualified applicant on file, we will advertise and screen additional applicants at our expense. Some examples of positions we fill on a regular basis include:
- Word Processor Operators
- File Clerks
- Data Entry Operators
- Payroll Clerks
- Envelope Stuffers
- Medical Office Experts
- Legal Office Experts
- General Laborers
- Warehouse Workers
- Cleanup Crews
- Survey Takers
- Order Takers
- CAD Operators
- GPS/GIS Analysts
- Database Experts
- Network Specialists
- Web Designers
- Graphic Artists
All of our applicants are carefully screened before they are referred for any position to ensure that only the most qualified people are placed.
Click here for details on our screening process.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Career Connections does not discriminate against nor hire or provide work to applicants based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We function under the Civil Rights Act, which strictly prohibits applicants from being identified in any of these respects.
We offer an unconditional four-hour guarantee on all temporary employees. If you are not fully satisfied, we will replace our employee immediately and you will not be charged for any time worked (up to four hours) before a satisfactory replacement arrives.
We bill at an hourly rate for temporary personnel. Because each situation is different, our rates are flexible. When you place your order we will ask a number of questions to determine exactly what you need. Factors that affect the rate include:
- the skills required (the fewer skills involved, the lower your bill rate)
- the length of the assignment (we have a lower markup for long-term assignments than for very short-term assignments)
- the number of workers requested (we can usually discount our markup if you are requesting several workers)
In every case, we will confirm your agreement with the hourly rate before the assignment begins.
All our temporary workers are employees of Career Connections. As the employer, we are responsible for all mandatory payroll taxes, contributions, insurances and deductions; so the hourly rate we charge you is all-inclusive. Unlike with your permanent employees, you will have no additional expenses or fringe benefits to pay for or to administer.